Lithgow City Council’s priority is the health of our staff, and the health of our community, and we are focused on continuing to safely deliver essential services to the community.
Council takes advice on all public health matters from the State and Federal health departments and will update its response should the situation further evolve.
Council will implement the actions listed below effective from cob 17 March 2020.
- Customer Service: the community is requested to contact Council by email or telephone. In person service at the Lithgow Customer Service Centre will be limited to urgent / essential enquiries from Wednesday 18 March 2020 for a four week period.
- The following services will be closed for visitation from Wednesday 18 March 2020 for a four week period:
- All libraries
- JM Robson Aquatic Centre
- Eskbank House Museum
- Lithgow Visitor Information Centre.
- The Lithgow Mobile Bushfire Recovery Service at Lithgow Library on Thursday afternoons has been cancelled. Council related bushfire recovery queries can be directed to Customer Service. A decision on future mobile recovery services will be made after a four week period.
- Lithglow 2020 has been cancelled.
- Essential services will continue to be maintained including:
- Urgent road maintenance
- Water & sewer services
- Domestic Waste collection and Lithgow Waste Management Facility
- Dealing with dangerous dogs.
- Cleaning services – Council will program Exeloos to clean more often.
- Customers who are meeting Council staff in person are requested to advise staff if they have been overseas, been in contact with anyone with cold / flu symptoms, had cold/flu symptoms themselves or been in contact with anyone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Information on Council’s response to COVID-19 will be kept up-to-date on Council’s website.